Content marketing is the best way to reach your market today. In fact, it’s really the only way. You’re either effective at it or you’re not. But where do you publish your content?
Here is a list of 12 essential content marketing channels for your online content. Use as many as you have time to manage.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is the new kid on the block, but if you have graphics on any of your Web properties, then it’s a great channel to incorporate into your marketing plan.
- Tumblr – Tumblr, too, is highly graphic in nature, but unlike Pinterest it is also very textual. You can incorporate your best graphics with textual content and build a community around your content pretty doggone fast.
- Blogger – Blogger is the original blogging platform. While it hasn’t changed much over the years, it has gotten better.
- WordPress – This competitor to Blogger is another platform you should incorporate into your content marketing strategy.
- Your own domain – Your blog and website at your own domain name is the best content marketing channel you have. Don’t abandon it or, for goodness sake, forget about it.
- YouTube – If you have video content or you’ve been thinking about producing video content, then you should have a YouTube channel.
- Twitter – You can actually say a lot in 140 characters, and drive tons of traffic.
- Facebook – Connect with old friends and make new ones. Build a page for your brand. But don’t stop there. It’s the most trafficked website in the world.
- HubPages – Build your own hubs and monetize, plus drive traffic to your own web pages with solid, original content.
- Squidoo – Create lenses on any topic in which you are an expert, and point your links back to your website. It’s the perfect marketing channel.
- LinkedIn – Meet other business people, ask questions about your topics of interest, answer some, and make connections for life.
- Quora – If you are an expert on any subject in the world, Quora is the place to prove it.
Now that you know the 12 essential content marketing channels, what are you going to do about them?