What format your content takes is far less important than whether or not your content is worth consuming. You can create mediocre video content and it’s just mediocre video content, but if you produce great content, then it doesn’t matter if you make a video out of it, publish it as textual content, produce a podcast, or create something else out of it entirely. Great content is great content.
But what qualities does great content possess that separates it from everything else? That’s what I’m going to tell you right now.
Great content consists of these six necessary qualities:
- Fresh and original – Your content must be unique. It should also be relevant while appealing to the needs of people right now. Don’t serve up stale, overused content.
- Quality, not quantity – You can publish every day as long as you are able to publish high quality content that is fresh and original. Otherwise, don’t publish every day.
- Write great headlines – Headlines serve one purpose. They are to get readers to read your articles. If they don’t do that, then they aren’t great headlines.
- Brand yourself – Great content is best when it is identifiable as a brand. Put your signature on it.
- Be honest – Your audience expects nothing less. Don’t pull a bait and switch, and never try to cover up a mistake. Just be transparent. Be honest. If you do that, you’ll earn your audience’s trust.
- Get it out there – No matter how great your content is, if no one can find it, it won’t matter. Publish and promote. Get your content in front of people’s eyes.
If you want to be known as a publisher of great content, make sure every piece you publish (no matter the format) contains these six necessary qualities.