The one pet peeve every client and potential client have is not being able to find contact information when they need it. Whether you are sending out e-mail announcements, newsletters, or building a website, you should place your contact information in an easy-to-find location so that your clients and potential clients can see it.
Here are a few good places to put your contact information in each medium:
- About Page – If you have an About Us page, you can put your phone number, address, and e-mail address on your About page.
- Contact Us Page – Even if you have a contact form, you should include your contact information on the Contact page.
- Sidebar – Put your preferred contact media in the sidebar, either at the very top or the very bottom.
- Header – Headers are great places to put phone numbers, particularly for a service business.
- Footer – Put your address, phone number, e-mail address, and social media information in your footer.
In an electronic newsletter, you typically have a header, footer, and sometimes a sidebar. These are all great places for your contact information. Put your phone number and e-mail in the header. All information can go in the footer or the sidebar. You might even have a special section in the content part of your newsletter for your contact information.
Social Media Pages
Most of the social media sites have an About page or special place for your contact information. If anything, there is a description or Bio spot in your profile. Add your contact information.
Even videos can include contact information. If you have a call to action in your video, then you need to make sure your contact information is available. The best place is at the end of the video. You may include any contact information to help your prospects reach you, including your web address.
In videos today, you can include clickable links. That’s a great way to include your e-mail address.