We’ve discussed online reputation management a few times on this blog. But we haven’t really made a huge connection between Twitter and reputation management. Is there a connection? Can Twitter be used as a reputation management tool?
As a matter of fact, it can. And it really should be. I wouldn’t leave it out.
Consider these facts about Twitter:
- It’s a great way to connect with hundreds or thousands of people simultaneously
- Attracting followers on Twitter means that people are in interested in YOU, in what YOU have to say and how YOU say it
- Twitter messages are now being indexed in real time by all the major search engines
- Twitter is great for driving new traffic to your blog or website
- If not already taken, your name as a Twitter profile could end up being a top 10 result on Google (that’s great reputation management)
Reputation management is a multi-channel proposition. Make Twitter one of your channels. It is one of the best online reputation management tools to show up in years.