Due to the Google Fresh update, it is likely that your static content will fall in the SERPs if you do not have a strategy for updating your website on a regular basis. That means coming up with ways to keep your content fresh and interesting.
Here are five ways to do that:
- Add a blog to your website and update it daily.
- Start a forum on your website and appoint someone to be the moderator.
- Write and publish periodic press releases.
- Build a community around your brand by allowing user-generated content on blogs, forums, and other UGC community assets.
- Post often to social media.
Maintaining a constant presence in the search engines ensures that Google does not forget about. It also ensures that your audience doesn’t forget you. Your website will grow all the more if you continue to update it with fresh, unique content that is deemed valuable by your community.
This is why community-oriented and news sites tend to do better in the search engines. Don’t just build web pages then forget about them.