Twitter has become all the craze. Even small business owners are getting into it and trying to figure out how to make the most of their 140 characters. Here are 12 guaranteed ways to build value into every Twitter message.
- Use short URLs. Bit.ly, ShortURL, TinyURL, and Is.gd are just a few of the services you can use.
- Optimize your tweets for keywords.
- Include a hashtag and make your hashtag a part of your message (for example: Why didn’t I #think of that?)
- Make your message sing like a news headline.
- Retweet your favorite Twitter users and do it often.
- Build relationships using the @mention feature.
- Tweet different items than what you would share on Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social networks. Keep your audience in mind.
- Don’t add more than one link per tweet.
- Keep your Twitter messages on topic. Don’t send out frivolous tweets about topics you are not passionate about.
- Don’t tweet too much. Spread your tweets out throughout the day.
- Shorten your messages to leave room for your shortURL link and a hashtag.
Keep these 12 tips in mind when using Twitter for your business social networking. Remember your audience and what they are following you for. Build value into every tweet.