Recently, Search Engine Journal (SEJ) went through their site and found 9 Noteworthy Social Media Facts in the articles they’ve published and provided links to each one. These facts are noteworthy because they show how social media is becoming one of the most important places to have a presence if you are a business.
- in the last six months there’s been an 80% increase in using mobile devices to read email
- LinkedIn has 77% of all job postings on its site
- one email address can have many Twitter accounts
- there was an 800% increase in infographic search volume from 2010 to 2012
- the top 24 most-engaged brands on Twitter have more than a million followers
- 60 of the top 100 brands on LinkedIn post videos linked to their YouTube channel
- 50% of online customers expect customer service on a brand’s Facebook page, but only 23% of brands on Facebook do it
- in 3 years, Instagram got 150 million users and grew by 23% in 2013
- in 2013 the digital video advertising industry brought in almost $5.8 billion, up 40% from 2012
How do these compare with what your actual online marketing strategies are? You may choose to ignore Instagram, for instance, without any problems, but if your business is on Facebook, you should make sure it is responsive to the “friends” who engage you there.
It’s a good idea to pay attention to social media. Take a quick look at this list and use it as a launching pad to evaluate and renovate your social media marketing campaigns.
When you think about it, social media is just an extension of your customer circle and it makes sense to optimize it. For more information on social media marketing, visit reciprocalconsulting.com/social-media-optimization-SMO.php