If you use Facebook to post messages about your business, you might be interested to know that you can schedule them in advance. This is a relatively recent addition to Facebook, so not everyone knows about it. It is particularly useful to businesses, however.
Here’s what you do:
- Login to your Facebook account
- Switch over to using Facebook as your business page
- At the bottom of your Status post you’ll see a small link labeled “Add year.” Click on that.
- Choose the year. If you want to post your message to a specific time in the past, choose a year. Otherwise, choose the current year.
- After you choose the year you want your post to appear, you’ll see another dropdown box for the month. Choose your month.
- Another dropdown box will appear for the day of the month. Choose the date you want your post to be scheduled for.
- You’ll see a dropdown box for the time of the day. Select the time of the day you want your post to appear.
- Create your post and click Schedule
It’s fairly simple, but this Facebook feature allows you to create posts for the future as you get the information. It’s a great time management tool. So, for instance, if you are having a seminar and you’d like to promote your seminar a couple of times a day in advance, then you can create your seminar promotion posts in Facebook all the way up to the day of the event. Then you don’t have to think about it again.
I like this Facebook feature. How about you?