Google+ Pages for Business are finally here. Some of use have been waiting for these for awhile.
If you’re wondering just what a Google+ business page is, think of it as a Facebook page for Google. There are, of course, some subtle differences between Google+ pages and Facebook pages. One such difference is that you must have a Google+ personal account before you can add a page. But that’s a minor hurdle. I recommend that you get a personal account as well.
So what can you do with a Google+ business page?
For one thing, you can post to Google+. If you’re not sure if that’s a benefit or not, consider these points and then make up your mind.
- Google+ is owned by Google, the largest search engine online. While SEO benefits are currently unproven, you can bet that Google will eventually provide greater weight to personal profiles and business pages for brands.
- Increased online reputation management opportunities.
- Better targeted marketing as you can create circles around your different market segments and communicate with each segment more easily.
- Multiple pages possible, which means you can have one for each product or brand you support as well as each location you serve.
- More effective video marketing since YouTube and Google+ are integrated allowing you to share videos more easily.
- Google+ is the fastest growing social media website in history.
- You can schedule hangouts with your clients and partners and communicate for free with them via video right inside Google+
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Google+ is only going to get better. If you haven’t joined yet, I highly recommend that you do and set up your business pages now.