Is your video marketing plan written out or does it consist mainly of you throwing paint against the wall?
This is not a question in a vacuum. It’s a question that deserves an answer. With all the video marketing options available to online marketers today, there’s no reason not to write out your plan and follow your plan as you implement it.
That doesn’t mean your plan won’t ever change. Businesses go through evolutions. That’s expected.
Think of it as like a business plan for your video production team. Your goal is to drive traffic and increase conversions through video distribution. Your plan should address, at a minimum, the following methods and strategies.
- How often you will produce videos and what quality they will be (include your budget for production)
- Where you will distribute your video
- Will your videos be used on your own website?
- How will you promote your videos?
- What purpose will your videos serve for each marketing demographic you target?
- How do your videos fit into your sales funnel cycle?
Video marketing is not a marketing strategy so much as it is a piece of your overall marketing portfolio. It should work together with other marketing efforts to drive traffic and engagement. If it isn’t doing that, it is likely ineffective.