Reciprocal Consulting has been an advocate of video marketing for years. There are good reasons why, and the following statistics (borrowed from this article on video marketing) illustrate some of those reasons:
- Over 40% of consumers watch videos on a weekly basis.
- Viral video marketing campaigns increase clickthrough rates by 750%.
- Product videos sell 45% more products.
- YouTube is considered the second biggest search engine online; it may someday surpass Google as the No. 1 search engine.
Video marketing is already hot. It’s about to get hotter. As companies figure out how to provide cheap videos that drive traffic to any website, you can bet that more and more videos will be uploaded to sites like YouTube and Vimeo.
Here are our top three tips for helping you produce a world class video that will market your products and services.
- Make your video creative. Give it something to make it stand out. With billions of videos being uploaded to YouTube every day, competition is stiff – and it’s going to get stiffer.
- Use testimonials, but make them real. Don’t stage your testimonials or use fake testimonies with actors. Use real customers who are excited about your products and services. Testimonials are powerful mareketing tools.
- Keep it real. Be genuine and be yourself. People will see through any veneers you create so make your video a true reflection of who you are.