These days, just about title=”website content”>every website has an About Us page. But they are largely misnamed. The page isn’t really about you at all. It’s about your customers and when you write it you should go to great pains to make it all about your customers.
How do you do that, exactly?
For starters, you don’t have to write it in second person. I’m not talking about that. What I am suggesting is that you make your About Us page content focused on the needs of your customers rather than on your need to talk about yourself.
Here are five ways to ensure that your About Us content answers your customers’ – or potential customers’ – questions about your company:
- Tell them what year your company started, and when you started working in your sector if your company is new. They want to know what experience you have to solve their problems.
- What inspired you to start your business? Were you trying to solve a particular need?
- How is your business unique? What sets you apart from the competition? Drive these points home. They are your selling points.
- Define your service area.
- What causes and charities do you support? People want to know so don’t be shy about telling them your community service hot buttons.
If you answer these 5 questions on your About Us page, you’ll go a long way to meeting the expectations of your website visitors and potential customers.